My Progress

Friday, February 6, 2009

The Next Time

In the spirit of keeping stuff positive, I'm not even going to address the recent subject of these posts aside from saying that I've managed to keep my promise today and stay the hell off the scales. I have no idea what's in store for me tomorrow morning, and I'm OK with that.

I've been thinking recently, and I've made a lot of changes in my life. I'm truly starting to appreciate the differences in what I can do physically, how I look, how my clothes fit and how I feel about myself. What is really exciting is that there are still many things I did as a larger person that I haven't had the opportunity to do since I've lost so much weight (and will continue to lose more).

Here's a short list:
The next time I fly, I won't feel squished in by the armrests or need to use a seat belt extender.
The next time I go swimming, I won't avoid the diving board in fear of it snapping in twain while I bounce up and down.
The next time I go to an amusement park, I won't need to suck it in as the kid working there tries to force the restraint in far enough to latch.
The next time I go shopping for clothes, it won't be at Casual Male XL.
The next time I need my lawn mowed, I'll do it myself rather than pay a kid 30 bucks to do it for me.
The next time I'm invited to a class reunion, I'm not gonna skip, and no one is going to recognize my svelte ass.

Oh, and since Carlos asked: I didn't make it to cart yesterday. I was too busy setting up some stuff in the lab and worked right through it. I guess that's one way to avoid temptation, eh?

5 comments:

twinkelydots said...

When asked to go on a walk you won't say "Wow! I'm out of shape."

Anonymous said...

Great post! I like your list - especially the last one - "svelte ass" - LOL! Keep up the positive thinking. I did a similar post earlier today re: positive body image.

Apex Zombie said...

Awesome man! I'm really looking forward to doing some of those things myself (not quite there yet, but definitely will be).

CJ said...

Woohoo! You are on your way! I understand getting on the scale to keep you in line, but there are times I find it only makes it worse for me!

Love your list too!

Carlos said...

lol way to avoid that bastard!