My Progress

Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm still alive

I apologize for not checking in sooner. I haven't even been reading or commenting on your blogs and it feels like I'm not being true to you or myself. I've not been well. After I left the lab on Monday, I've been pretty much bed-ridden since. A combination of my ACE inhibitor being dosed a bit too high for me and some sort of viral sickness has reduced me to a very weak, nauseous state. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and was advised to give it another day, but I insisted I couldn't afford the time off my research. She begrudgingly agreed to release me back to work yesterday, but I still wasn't ready as I found out in my attempt to go in. I'm sure operating on a caloric deficit doesn't help, and I know I should probably up my intake to give my immune system some energy. Unfortunately, I really haven't had a very good appetite and am coming in 10-20 points under budget every day.

I plan to go to weigh-in tomorrow, but I know this one is going to be artificially low. I honestly hope I don't hit 100 lost tomorrow because it will be so bittersweet (and there is a very real possibility no matter how well I do next week I'll register a gain from tomorrow's WI).

Regardless, I feel like I've passed the worst of it, but the damage has been done. I've missed 3 days of research and am more than 2 weeks behind on my thesis at this point. I've felt so scatter-brained that even with all this time on the computer, I can't seem to focus on the screen for long without becoming fatigued and cross-eyed. I have to read every sentence over and over before I finally understand it, which makes it very difficult to read papers. The lack of energy makes it difficult to find motivation for anything but rest, too. Like I said, I'm hoping I'm on the mend and will get some real work done this weekend.

Anyhow, I just wanted to touch base with yall and let you know I'll be back from the brink of death very soon. I have a lot of work to do, so I may not get caught up on all yall's blogs any time soon. Just know that I've missed every one of you and I love your support and well-wishes. Thanks for bein there for me when I couldn't been there for you.

5 comments:

Carlos said...

sucks sorry you are sick!

4athomej said...

I just returned from the brink of death too...really surprised I didn't see you there...lol Glad your back:)

CJ said...

Wow, sorry you are so sick! Hang in there! Hopefully you are on the mend! Take care of yourself, even when you think you have the energy and are better, fatigue has a way of kicking your tail! If your body isn't ready, it will TELL YOU! Take care of yourself, drink plenty of water, get something nourishing into your body (Sorry that's the mom in me coming out!! :-) Hope you feel better soon!

Apex Zombie said...

Damn dude. That sounds horrible =/ Glad to hear you're feeling better, but man that sucks about the research.

Hope you get rid of this thing and get caught up.

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!