My Progress

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Nearing the half-way point

I started this journey 7 months and 10 days ago. In that time, I've learned a lot about myself. For example, I've learned that all those years I failed numerous times at losing weight, I really wasn't trying. I've learned what willpower really is when I'm staring down a department Christmas party lunch and instead reach into the fridge and grab my healthy lunch I've brought with me. I've learned the determination it takes to go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week. I've learned to push myself every time I go to the gym to improve a little bit on my last workout. I've learned to respect myself and take control of my life.

I especially love what I've gained (or, more appropriately, lost) from having a gym membership. Certainly, I couldn't have accomplished what I have without the proven system established by Weight Watchers, but working out has really supercharged my weight loss.

This week marks my 6th since getting back on the wagon after I faltered in October. In that 6 weeks, I've lost almost twenty pounds. Today was another 4.2, just .4 shy of my third week in a row to earn a 5-pound star. I am thrilled to be back at it with such renewed energy and success rivaling that which I was seeing only in the first two months of this journey. I am almost halfway to my original goal of 225 pounds. I am enjoying the process as I see myself emerge as a healthy individual reflected in what I eat, my level of activity, and especially how I look. I feel--now, more than ever--that I will definitely succeed in this. I've already lost twice the weight I've ever lost in any previous weight loss "attempt," and I'll lose twice this much when I'm done.

Weight loss so far: 64.6.

No comments: